Pages

Monday, August 23, 2021

Design Wall Monday - border choices

The first 3 borders are on the Saturday Sampler quilt, and I really love that pieced border in between the 2 narrow background strips.  But now I need to make a decision about that last border.  


That pieced border is a blue with a tiny white flower on it.   My initial thought was to carry that blue into the final border.  So I bought 1.5 yards of  what I thought would be just perfect.  It looks OK, but . . . when standing further away from it, this choice looks pretty boring.  It is kind of "one note".  

 

So, I've decided that I want to make that final border a color that will provide more contrast, like maybe a red or a bright green.  It needs to make a statement.  I'll have to buy yardage because I don't have enough of anything I auditioned to put 6" borders all the way around.  But I really think it needs that extra pop of color on the outside.  
 

And while I'm there I may need to buy more of that blue for binding because I think it will make a perfect binding choice no matter what color that border ends up being.     

What's on your design wall this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is beautiful! The red fabric looks really good to me. Hope you can find something similar, happy stitching!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Red or green! Love that quilt!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Yes, the bright contrast will be perfect! The blue, pieced border looks amazing on the quilt.

Kat Scribner said...

Your saturday sampler quilt is so sew sweet!