Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

Design Wall Monday - Planning for the week

 There is so much that I want to accomplish this week!  Two major projects are all laid out on my ironing board ready for some sewing time.  I had family here this weekend, so there has been other fun instead of sewing time the past couple of days.  Now it's time to play with these.    


Fish School is going to be fun to finish up with this jelly roll.  It's a Kaffe Fassett roll, but is mostly primary colors which is exactly what I needed to go with the paper pieced fish.  My current plan is to pick 4 strips from the roll to add to the ends of the fish row.  The rest will be sewn together using the Jelly Roll Race technique.  

The second big project I can't wait to work on is the Saturday Sampler.  On Friday morning I picked up the patterns for the last block, and for the quilt layout.  


This is one of my favorite Saturday Sampler projects in recent years.  It's a Lori Holt design based on her book Quilty Fun.  The last block we are making is a bumble bee and is so cute!!  Each month we made 2 new sections - sometimes actual cute blocks, and sometimes they appeared to be spacers.  

I have a friend who has already finished her quilt top and she sent me a picture.  It's so fabulous in bright happy colors like mine.  And the sample in the shop has a soft denim blue background which was also absolutely delightful.  It's silly, but I feel almost giddy about this one.  

The sewing will have to wait until Tuesday however, because today we are both taking the day off and meeting up with some old friends we haven’t seen in years. We all knew each other and worked together (some of us) in the mid 1970s in Iowa - when we were all young.   

Check out more Monday design walls at:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

two very pretty projects!

Nann said...

Such colorful fun! I like the angled fins on your fish blocks.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fun jelly roll - I like the colors! Enjoy your visit with your 70s friends. I’ve lost contact with most of my friends from those years.

Bonnie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how both of these quilts end up. Being giddy about a quilt works for me. It means I'm highly motivated to work on it and will likely finish it sooner than later. How fun to meet up with old friends. Have fun sewing and socializing.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Both of your quilts are going to be so cute! looking forward to the reveals!!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Those are wonderful fish blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The quilt will be so pretty!!