Pages

Friday, August 20, 2021

Back to my Saturday Sampler

 There has been progress this week on the Saturday Sampler quilt.  But since there are 4 borders on this quilt, I still have a long ways to go.  Border #1 is a simple 2" strip of the background and that is done.


Border #2 contains 48 rectangles, with 1.5" squares on 2 corners and a similar corner stone on each corner.  I chose a medium blue with a tiny white flower for those border rectangles.  The pieces for these are all cut and one side is actually ready to attach. 


Border #3 will be another 2" strip of background.   And then . . . I'll have to make a final decision on what to use for the final wide outer border and also for the binding.  

I'm so glad I chose 30s prints for this one!  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I can’t imagine this quilt in any other fabrics: it was obviously designed for 30s reproduction fabrics. It is gorgeous! The blue border is sure cute.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love the fabric too, perfect for your quilt!

Kate said...

Another fun project. The reproduction fabrics are perfect, they really add to the charm and whimsy of the quilt.