Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2021

August plans

 The number drawn for August for the UFO Challenge is #10.  Of the 3 things on the list, one is already completely done, one is a flimsy - and that brings me to that last item.  Row By Row kits - plenty of them from several years.  Yikes!! 


The jelly roll quilt listed was for a pattern that I really liked, but I needed to buy additional fabric to make it.  I had just the one jelly roll and the background, so I decided instead to make something that didn't require any additional purchases other than backing.  This change of plans resulted in Rectangles, a nice big child sized quilt plus a doll quilt.  This was a free pattern from MaryQuilts


Once I get a backing for this one, I can get it quilted.  I quilted the doll quilt myself, but may pay someone else to do the bigger one.  

And that brings me to the Row By Row kits.  Last year I made one of them into a little wall hanging for my daughter's new (old) house, and made another into a bench pillow for my house.  Now, I just needed to pick one from the box!  Under the Sea, from Fabrics Plus in Marshall Minnesota is the winner.  There was an H2O theme one year - 2015 maybe? - and this one should make a cute pillow, and be quick to make.  And look - the background is aqua, which is the August color for RSC.  That's a lucky bonus!  Note to self - not ALL of those kits will actually get made, ever. 


What else am I setting for August goals?  It's a really long list, but now that I'm not working many hours a month, I have a lot more time to sew.  Besides, I need to sew a lot faster if I'm going to put much of a dent in the massive fabric stash.  
  • Monthly sew-along projects
    • Saturday Sampler sections
    • weekly Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks
    • weekly Summer Soiree blocks
    • Simple Whatnots - NEW
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC21) in AQUA
    • Sew set of Wisdom blocks into rows
    • House block
    • Bunny block
    • Tulip Time blocks
    • Bitcoin strips (new scrappy project)
  • UFO and WIP projects - make some progress
    • make more pillowcases
    • bind Hexie Snowman table runner
    • bind purple zinnia table runner
    • more blocks for Checkered Stars
    • navy blue Sew Together bag
  • Cleaning and Organizing my sewing space
    • clean off my cutting space
    • organize the patriotic fabrics

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Rectangles is a colorful quilt and perfect for a child. I’ve been tempted to make a patriotic quilt using that pattern.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such a bright happy quilt! You have a big list!! I am certain you will accomplish many projects!