Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2021

A squirrel crossed my path

 Just when I think I'm being really focused, something pops up to pull me into a new project.  The Fat Quarter Shop has a free Mystery Quilt Along going right now called Bats & Boos.  I just couldn't resist playing along, at least for part of it because it looks like it will be so cute!


Last week was Week 1, and they introduced this adorable bat block.  And it so happened that I was doing some re-folding and organizing of my huge Halloween stash fabrics last week (so that I could close the drawer).  Well, you know what happened next . . . yup, I chose some fabrics and cut those pieces.  The spider webs on those bat wings and ears are glow-in-the-dark.  

The blocks were part of my Tuesday sewing marathon.  The 4 bat blocks are complete, and this week they posted a pumpkin block for Week 2.  I have a lot of orange prints to choose from to make those 4 blocks.    



Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with these each week, but there really is no pressure.  I'm already working on Pat Sloan's weekly Summer Solstice blocks, and the weekly Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks with a Facebook group.  

In the spirit of honesty I have to admit that I haven't made last week's Summer Soiree block yet, and this week's block came out yesterday.  So I know what I'll be working on in between assembling my Saturday Sampler quilt. 

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Cute blocks! TheFQ Shop has some fun QALs.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very cute!

Moneik said...

Cute block! I think you'll have fun with that quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

Glow in the dark, think how fun that will be to see when all done!