Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Catching up on Summer Soiree

 Staying caught up on weekly block challenges was easier when I wasn't working very many hours, but this week I've had a lot more hours logged into work projects.  Plus we weren't home at all on Monday.  I've had to remind myself that working more hours means more disposable income to spend on quilting, right?  


Last week's block and this week's block were on my "to do" list for this week.  The Summer Soiree sew-along is a Pat Sloan project, and she posts the new block each Wednesday.  These are the first 6 blocks done in a bright colorway.  I'm using white background with bright batiks and summery florals.  I even managed to get my aqua into this week's block for RSC.  


I'm also doing these blocks with patriotic fabrics, and I'm really pleased with how these are turning out so far.  Another potential Quilt of Valor!  For these I'm using a mixture of light print backgrounds and white backgrounds, with the red and blue patriotic prints.  

I'm linking up today with Rainbow Scrap Challenge:

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

sounds like a perfect match...a little work and a lotta quilting....lovely blocks!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful blocks - both sets!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your two sets of blocks in different colorways! Great idea!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun to see how different fabric change the looks! Very nice!

Maggie said...

Busy bee, beautiful blocks.