Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

Saturday Sampler - framed in red

Red is the winning border color!!  I'm so glad I went with this one instead of the blue print. It makes this whole quilt look better. 


The final border is 6" wide, so the quilt ended up being about 67" square.  And I bought enough of the blue print from the pieced border to bind this quilt.  I have no idea yet how I want it quilted or what I'll use for the backing, but I'm very happy to have this flimsy done.  


I tried to get a good photo out on the lawn but our South Dakota wind kept making that impossible, so it's laying on the front porch floor in the shade.  The colors are really much more bright and vibrant.  It's one of my favorite Saturday Samplers ever!!!

6 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s a spectacular quilt!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is wonderful!

Ramona said...

Red is the perfect choice. Great finish! You have been busy getting things finished in your sewing room. It's fun to see all of the beautiful projects.

Vicki in MN said...

I am usually not a fan of samplers but, this one is super cute 💕

Jayna Sewell said...

Love the red choice for your border!

woolyjooly said...

Just LOVE this, Sara. Genius=you.