Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Hocus Pocus Focus

Yesterday morning I worked on Farmer’s Wife Sampler blocks, but the afternoon was all about Halloween.  


The Bats & Boos star block posted for this week was easy to put together, in spite of the large number of pieces in it.  It has a basic sawtooth star in the center and then a more elaborate star surrounding it.  The block is 12” finished.

And then I couldn’t resist setting all 9 blocks together.  I am assuming that next week will be some kind of border treatment.  But I could be totally wrong too.  So far this is so cute!!

Once Bats & Boos was done I sewed the 2 pillowcases from the fabrics that Jack and Sophia picked out last weekend.  The little green monster fabric cracks me up - so funny and cute.  Just right for a 6 year old boy.  And the fancy pumpkins are just a bit more sophisticated for a 9 year old.  

I sent my other daughter some pictures of the fabrics I have left for her 3 kids to choose from, so I can make pillowcases for them too. 

And now I feel like I can get back to work on Summer Soiree blocks for this week, and make some additional progress on Saturday Sampler.  Unless I hear differently, I'll have all day today to sew.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Wow, the bats, pumpkins, and star blocks look fabulous together!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looking blocks, I like your fabric choices!

Kate said...

Bats and Boos is really fun and so are those pillow cases. That's some happy stitching going on in your sewing room.