Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Farmer's Wife Sampler

 We are about 1/3 of the way through the Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks, and I've managed to keep up with making 2 blocks per week, so far.


This week we made Darting Birds and Four Winds.  I love how both turned out.  


In the book, Four Winds didn't have much contrast in colors, but I decided that I wanted those spinning elements to pop.  So mine has lots of contrast, and it looks good.  There are 64 pieces in this block - all cut 1.5".  It would have been very easy to mess this one up, but it went together much better than I expected.  I pressed the pinwheels to the pink, and pressed the seams between those open.  And amazingly it is square and just the right size.  Hallelujah!!

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great blocks. I especially like Four Winds and the contrast components you added.

Kate said...

It's always tough when a block has so many pieces to get it the right measurement. Both of these look great.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such pretty squares both of them but the Four winds is a real stunner!