Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Just a little aqua to finish the month

 Everything in this little baby quilt was pulled from my stash.  Without the border this was only 30” square, so it just required a bit more stash shopping to find something big enough to cut 4 border strips.


Now it's a nice 38" square and ready to quilt.  I think this is one that I can quilt myself - hopefully.  I have a pretty light grey that might work for a backing, unless something better pops out of that stash.

This fits the RSC color challenge of aqua as well as making something with my scraps (Sew Vintage group challenge).  Now, on to some other scrap sewing.  I have Tulip blocks kitted up that need to be sewn together.  

I'm linking up with RSC today:

11 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

so very pretty....

Ramona said...

Oh, I really like this top!! And the aqua border is perfect. Great finish!

Cathy said...

Well, isn’t that just the cutest baby quilt ever!?! So clever!

Mari said...

It turned out great! Those blocks look like little jewels, and it turned out to be a nice happy little quilt. Nice finish!

scraphappy said...

What a nice little quilt! Love the border treatment. Enjoy the quilting

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those blocks made such a pretty little quilt! I like quilting things that are that size, too. You'll have it finished before you know it!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a striking baby quilt!

JanineMarie said...

So pretty, especially with the turquoise frame. Perfect size for backing with a single piece of fabric, too, for a quick finish.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like the border! Well done!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE how this quilt top came together, Sara!!

Sandra Walker said...

This is really pretty, and yay for finding something that works from the stash!