Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

This n that

 Labor Day was a mix of activity. The hubbie made a 10:00 am tee time. It was my first round of golf since mid July, and it showed in my lack of skills.  I only played 14 of the 18 holes, and then decided to just ride along for the last 4 holes and enjoy the nice day.    

The prettiest spot on that golf course is the water feature at the #11 tee box.  If you look past it on the left you can even see the lake in the background.  The trees are beginning to lose their leaves, so there were a few times when it was hard to spot our balls.  It’s typical of this time of year. Also, I’ve been noticing that the pine trees seem to be loaded with pine cones this summer. 

And after we got home I headed down to sew for a little while.  I have the top and bottom pieced borders done on Circa 2016, and have one side border started.  These are coming along much quicker than I anticipated so far.  I’m hoping to get both side borders on today, and then I can measure the quilt for the plain outer borders.  These don't look like much close up, but will make a better impression with the dark border next to it.  


3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The HSTs look great as a border, and I bet it takes a LOT of them! Leaves are slowly showing color and some are falling here, too. Fall is getting closer.

Moneik said...

Sounds like a good day to me. The water feature sure is pretty.

Kate said...

Sounds like a pretty nice day all around. You've kept the momentum up on this project. That's an achievement to celebrate on Labor Day.