Pages

Friday, May 13, 2022

Blocks #14 and #15 for RBD Challenge

The Tilt-a-Whirl block by Cindy Cloward went together nicely and I like my color choices.  This is block #15 for the Riley Blake challenge, which means there is only 1 more.  However, now that I've discovered the files for the 2021 challenge too, maybe I'll make more blocks later.  These are only 10" blocks, so having more than 16 of them would make a better size quilt anyway.  


And then there is block #14, the Mosaic Butterfly, by Jennifer Long.  I saw some very interesting variations of this block online last week when I was gone, so I had time to think about how to arrange my colors.  I also noticed some folks had lots of trouble making this block lay flat.


Mine lays flat very nicely and went together just fine.  But it's WAY too symmetrical.  I'm considering a bit of change because that bright blue rectangle completely destroys the idea that this is a butterfly.  I think it looks dumb bells.  So the 2 bottom sides of this butterfly block may get tweaked a bit - next week when I have more time.    

1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done! I love the colors/fabrics you are using for these blocks.