Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Home sweet home!

I love to travel, but it’s sure nice to get home again too.  My husband has spent most of his career traveling for work, so he doesn’t “vacation” well.  Getting him to stop on a road trip can sometimes be a challenge.  But he was willing to make a few stops on this wedding road trip to humor me.  I got to 2 quilt shops, the Mammoth Site (fossils & bones) in Hot Springs SD, and finally at the Dignity statue.


We live an hour east of the Missouri River, along Interstate 90 in SD.  And Dignity is definitely a good reason to stop at the Rest Area where the interstate crosses the river.  The view is spectacular, and the Dignity statue is quite amazing - in daylight or lit up at night.  When we stopped yesterday the landscaping was getting an upgrade, but it was a gorgeous day to stretch the legs after a long drive.  I just don’t get tired of stopping there.


My husband’s younger brother is the father of the groom at the wedding this weekend in Colorado.  We had a really good time with he and his wife at the wedding.  We don’t get together often enough, even though we live only about an hour apart. 

One brief wedding story - the bride’s daughter is about 11.  That young lady has so much poise!  She gave a toast at the reception and had everyone in tears.  She said that Kameron (our nephew) has been a part of all of the good memories she has so far, and now she is so happy because she can “officially” call him dad. Not a dry eye in the whole room!!!

Today will be devoted to laundry - and hopefully a little sewing!  Do you feel like you are going through withdrawal when you can’t sew for a few days?  I’m eager to play with the fat quarters I purchased, and to cut some 6 inch “travel squares” for guild members from a couple of fabrics I bought just for the purpose of sharing.  And I picked up a wall hanging from the quilter when I got home yesterday, so there is more binding to be done. 

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Isn't Dignity just so wonderous, I was so happy to see it in person last summer. Aww that's so sweet about the brides daughter:)

Tired Teacher said...

Seeing Dignity is on my “someday” list. I used to visit Hot Springs, SD often when my aunts and uncles were alive, but sadly I don’t have family in the area anymore. I’m glad you had a good trip and arrived home safely.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Dignity is a beauty! I am glad your husband stopped a few times! In my opinion men are focused on the destination all the time they are in the car! Sounds like you had a good time...loved the wedding story! So sweet!