Pages

Monday, May 30, 2022

Design Wall Monday - prepping for blue

 The RSC color for June will be blue, in shades of bright and dark.  I have a LOT of blue to play with in the stash.  

Yesterday I was feeling somewhat under the weather, so no actual sewing took place.  I just had no energy, and chose not to share whatever "bug" I might have had with anyone else. So I stayed home and my husband went to play golf with the 2 sons-in-law, and to celebrate a birthday with one of the grandkids.  

But I did a bit of prep work with blue for the Falling in Love blocks (hearts) for June.  The pieces are cut for the 5 blue blocks, and a couple of new elephant blocks.  These design boards work so well for laying out the pieces for blocks.   

After spending about an hour cutting, I decided I was just not feeling up to sewing anything. Then I curled up in the recliner with a quilt, a book, and the TV remote.  A couple of naps may have happened during the afternoon.  And I got to Facetime with grandson Jack as he opened the present that grandpa delivered.  From my recliner I watched the birds and the bunnies through the floor to ceiling windows - when my eyes were actually open.   

Let's see what is on everyone else's design wall today:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Hope you are feeling better today. After a little gardening my back has been cranky, I thought perhaps a little walk this morning would loosen it up, maybe. Blue will be a fun month, I will have to come up with a blue table runner-most likely patriotic, loving your star fabric.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty blues - love the stars especially! Hope you're feeling better today!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Blue is one of my favorite colors, and my stash contains a LOT of blue fabric. I hope you’re feeling better today after some rest.

AnnieO said...

Blue is a color I seldom work with. Your dark prints are pretty.
I have had a cold for three weeks, been through a ton of tissues, but the coughing was the worst! Hope you feel better soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like you are ready for blue! Hope you feel better today!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Hope you are feeling better after your rest! your blocks will look so pretty in blue!

Janice said...

I do hope you are feeling perkier soon. Have fun with your blues. I have to find some in the stash for my RSC blocks.

Preeti said...

I am sorry you were feeling blue (pun intended). Hope you are back in the pink now :-) Hugs.