Pages

Monday, January 29, 2024

Design Wall Monday - January 29

A whole new week, wide open for more creativity.  What's on your design wall this week?https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


First thing on my list for this week is to piece a backing for Scrappiness Is Happiness.  This UFO was a 2023 Sew Vintage project.  Our group used Lori Holt's book of that name, and is a sampler of lots of cute blocks.  It's on my UFO and PHD lists for 2024, and I'm eager to finish it. 


I finished the 2 zippered pouches for my granddaughters who are both on a swim team.  Sometime this week I should get the zipper pulls I ordered.  The bags definitely need cute pulls to finish them off with a little pizzazz.  


The first one I made (from a purchased kit) needed a fun zipper pull too.  I had bought one at a vendor booth during our quilt show last fall - with a cardinal and a sewing machine.  It's just perfect.


There will be more of these little pouches on my horizon.  I have the pieces all cut for 2 more using the fun chocolate print for the front and the red polka dot for the back.  

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Cute project bags. I need to make more for myself.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those zipper pouches are adorable, Sara! I made one in that style with a vinyl front, but would much rather work with fabric. The swimming print is really fun! Have fun piecing that backing, too.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Ohhh, that cardinal with sewing machine is such a nice touch!!! Looking forward to seeing your next two zipper pull finales!!!

Kate said...

Those pouches for the granddaughters are really fun. I like you fabric choices for your next ones. Very Valentine's Day.

Bonnie said...

You've been busy. Those pouches look very cute. I especially like the chocolates with red and white polka dot fabs. Keep up the good work!