Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

To Do Tuesday - Planning for February

 Because I'm on a roll with finishing small projects right now, I pulled out a kit for a small tote bag made with a charm pack.  There is a drawer full of small kits just waiting for attention, and it's time to do something with them, right?

This was actually from a Sew Sampler box (Fat Quarter Shop) a year or so ago, and had 3 identical charm packs along with a pattern for a small quilt and this bag all using those charm packs.  The kit included a printed stabilizer sheet for the bag. For the lining I just dug into the stash, and found a good sized piece leftover from a previous project. 


By Sunday afternoon, the bag was all finished.   And I put all the leftover charms back into the drawer together to wait to become something, some day.  I wasn't a fan of the quilt pattern included in the box, but something will come to mind eventually.


Speaking of kits for small projects - arriving in the mail on Saturday was the Fat Quarter Shop's Cupid Box, that I just couldn't resist buying. This year's project is a mini quilt with love birds.  I think this will be a good PIG (Project In Grocery Sack) for February.  I'll tell you a little secret too - I still have last year's Cupid Box project waiting.

My other February goals, so far . . .
  • Keep up with the Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR)
  • Keep up with Riley Blake Design challenge blocks
  • Make LOTS of RSC blocks in RED
    • Small Hearts
    • Dutchman's Puzzle
    • Night Vision
    • Chaser
    • Zipper
    • Rainbow Connection
    • Loose Goose
    • Windmill
    • Stashbuster
    • and other misc blocks LOL
  • Bind 1 large quilt (Green Sewcialites)
  • Choose backing for 2023 Saturday Sampler & take to quilter
  • Assemble 1 Quilt of Valor top

2 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun bag! Getting in some smaller projects between quilt finishes is a good way to feel you accomplished something. Good luck with your February list, you've got a busy month planned.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the Fat Quarter Shop but I wish they had more challenging projects most to of their kits are to easy I guess - it is always my go to place to find fabric though