Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2024

RSC24 - Week #3

Three weeks into 2024 already - hard to believe!!  I brought some green things with me to sew while kid and dog sitting for my daughter.   


Block 1 of the Riley Blake Block Challenge, Windmills, Night Vision, and some string Bead blocks - all tucked back into the crate of projects.  


These little 3.5" hourglass blocks were all from triangles trimmed off of other projects.  They make good Leaders/Enders, so I grabbed the ones laying next to my machine when I packed.  Finished hourglass blocks go into a little bin that is holding a LOT of bright colors.  Eventually there will be enough to make something from them.


Two UFOs got their final borders this week.  This is the Scrappiness Is Happiness quilt from Lori Holt's book of the same name.  And yes - it's extremely scrappy.  


The other UFO that needed borders was my 2023 Saturday Sampler.  It's called Spoolin' Around, and yes it's another scrappy quilt.  It needs a bit of embroidery yet, but otherwise it's done.


No flight delays, so my daughter and SIL were back about 1 AM Friday morning. The kids were really happy to wake up and find their parents home.  I headed back home myself about 10:30 AM. The roads were OK, but the temp was 0 degrees and very windy. There was a ground blizzard the last 60 miles, but the plows were out and keeping the driving lanes open on the interstate.  One stop before home - to pick up the green version of last year's Sewcialites sew-along from the quilter.  The quilting is really beautiful.  I'm planning to do a scrappy green binding on this one.

With so much of the country frozen over the past week, I'm betting there has been a LOT of sewing going on in the RSC world.

8 comments:

Kate said...

You've definitely done well on the RSC front this week. The 2023 Saturday sampler is so cute! Congrats on all the progress. You'll have a few finishes soon.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have gotten a lot of green done

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of fun sewing happened while you were gone! Glad you got home safely, and were able to pick up those quilts for binding, too. I love Spoolin Around - what a fun design!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

You've got a great start on RSC2024 and finishing up from the previous year's projects. Happy you were able to spend time with the grands in a somewhat warmer place! LOL

Mari said...

Wow, two finished tops while babysitting! That's very productive. Hope you give your green quilt its own beauty post after binding!

grammajudyb said...

Good for you, some finishes. I love the idea of using up the triangle cut offs, though I’m not very good at it! Glad you got home safely! Your end of SD was in a blizzard for a bit! We didn’t get much accumulation, but wind and bitter cold! Looks like it will be warmer today!

Julie in GA said...

You have a great collection of green blocks for the RSC in the works. I love your sampler quilts. It's fun to see that Sewcialites quilt in a monochromatic color palette. My guild is going to use that as a block-of-the-month project this year.

Dorothy L. Wills said...

Do you use a ruler to make your windmills? I love the idea of strings in your bead blocks. Thanks for sharing.