Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2024

RSC24 - Week #4

 I've had a lot of fun with green this month, but I am excited for a new color.  The green scraps are still out of control, but not as bad as they were. 


At the beginning of this week, I made just 1 more Zipper block, and a couple of the 6" Boxed Squares - all from scraps in a project box I was cleaning out.  


Later in the week I found this fat eighth with the green leaves.  So another Zipper came to life.  


The Chaser block with the dark greens joined the other 4 blocks already made.  This is a 2024 addition to my RSC block sets.  So far the 2.5" colored squares have come right out of the little bins of squares already cut from scraps.  No yardage has been injured. 


I started a new vertical row for the Small Hearts quilt.  There are a lot of heart blocks in the box again, so I figured it was time to put some of them together.  There are 11 hearts in each row. 


One set of RSC blocks from 2023-24 has grown too big for the hanger.  So one day this week I sewed 42 of them into "two-sies".  There are still 16 single blocks in the stack.  These are only about 7" square, so more of them with be needed for a decent sized donation quilt.  By the end of 2024 I'm sure I'll have enough of them.  


There is a green binding (on a green quilt) in the works too.  But this most likely won't be finished until next week.  

Check out more RSC fun . . .

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

plenty of variety

Kate said...

I really like that offset setting for the heart blocks. You've done a good job using up at least some of your green scraps.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love seeing all your fun greens and the different blocks they're going into. Of course, the hearts are my favorite! They're pretty in every color!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Green Quilt looks beautiful! The quilting is very pretty!

grammajudyb said...

I must go purchase that Chaser pattern. I just love it! You have been very productive!

Jenny said...

Haven't you been busy!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Looking forward to seeing the full heart quilt. So many lovely projects, each special in its own way.

Sue said...

Love those Chaser blocks. I did mine with color & LV alternating squares, then black borders, but I really like your color-saturated centers with the black. Very striking! I might need to make some more of those with my already-cut squares. :)

Deb A said...

You have been busy and productive. I love those hearts.

Astrid said...

All those pretty green blocks! You've been busy. Love your green quilt too.

Susie H said...

Love the Chaser Blocks. Those are going to be loads of fun to put together at the end of the year. That also looks like a pretty quilt just needing binding. Hopefully you get that one crossed off the list this week. I'd love to see it!

Maggie said...

Your collection of projects are amazing. Love the hearts.

Char said...

Love those heart blocks and that green quilt is lovely!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great GREEN progress, Sara!! Happy binding of that gorgeous quilt!