Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

To Do Tuesday

 Binding and bags - that was my Monday focus, and it will continue today.  The scrappy green binding was attached, and I'll work on the hand stitching this week.  A cute striped binding was added to the valentine mini quilt.


The kit for this one was purchased online from Shabby Fabrics, and everything but the batting was in the kit.  The heart was paper pieced, and there is a key to attach to the heart as well.  I have a wrought iron hanger for mini quilts that sits on my fireplace hearth.  It has a snowman right now, so this will be perfect to switch out for February.


The zipper pouches for my granddaughters are ready for assembly.  The fronts and backs are quilted and lined.  In the stash I even found hot pink zippers and binding fabrics. The linings are just a neutral beige print left from a recent quilt back.  I'm excited to get these put together this week. 

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your granddaughters are going to love those pouches, happy stitching!

Kate said...

That Heart mini is really cute and so are the pouches for the grand daughters. Enjoy your finishes this week.

Tired Teacher said...

How fun to have the heart mini nearly finished complete with a key.

time4stitchn said...

Very cool hearts to make the pouches! Lucky you to have granddaughters; I only have grandsons. Anyway, I searched back on your blog to find your green quilt. It is very cool and I like your setting with the star points. I recognized many of the blocks, as I just finished mine.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun projects! Your Grand girls will love the pouches!