Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Two flimsies & more

The 4-Square Star Quilt of Valor is a flimsy, and I really love this one. 


The blocks and borders all came from my QOV stash.  I went scrappy for the blocks and I think I'll make this design again.  There are still a LOT of fabric options in that stash to make more.  


The second flimsy was an extra project.  Since the roads were too icy to drive to Brookings for doubleheader basketball on Saturday, I pulled this one out and finished sewing those strips together.  The pattern is the Quick Strippee from Mary Quilts.  This is a 3-yard quilt and one of my favorite fast baby or toddler quilt to make.  It's made with 3 fabrics, and that wide strip allows for a fun novelty print to be the star.  There are 2 more of these quilts kitted up.  I'm taking one of the kits with me to sew while babysitting - the kit with lots of green.    


My wildlife update - after not seeing the wild turkey flock at all for a couple of weeks, we're now seeing an even larger group.  We think our summer flock of 16 has merged with another group.


And there is a white one in the group.  We're not sure if she is albino or an escapee from a domestic turkey flock.  My husband has been tossing seed out onto the backyard since it has snowed.  

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes curious about the white one mixed in!
love the stars

Kate said...

The 4 square star turned out beautifully! The row quilt is really cute. We only got a dusting of snow from our last storm, it was gone by noon. Stay safe and warm. It doesn't sound very fun up north at the moment.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

both are great tops!!
I really like that QOV one - its so pretty!
and geese and snow - wow!!!

Tired Teacher said...

Great finishes! I like the fabrics you used for sashing and borders on the QOV.