Pages

Monday, October 23, 2023

Design Wall Monday - Guild Challenge projects

Happy Monday!!  I survived the big weekend of our guild quilt show.  It was awesome, and the committee sure deserves a high five because they worked their tails off.


The challenge project this year was to use a "crumb block" somewhere in a small quilted item.  These are the 10 entries and each attendee could vote for their favorite.  The applique lady in the upper right was the 1st place winner.  


My project received 3rd place!  That was sure a pleasant surprise.  The crumb kitties were fused on, and outline stitched using black thread. I used embroidery floss in various colors to do some big-stitch hand quilting in a diagonal grid.  

More quilt show photos will be shared this week as I go through the pictures I took.  There were so many wonderful quilts.  I made sure not to overdo it either day, but I'm headed to bed early tonight as I'm really tired, even though I didn't assist with the quilt show set-up or tear-down this year.  

What is on YOUR design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the third place ribbon. I like those colorful kitties. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the show went.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your kitties - that pieces turned out really good.

Nann said...

So much work goes into a quilt show! Glad yours was a success. Congratulations on your challenge ribbon!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Congrats!!! Such cute kitties!!! Which one got 2nd place?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your win! I love the crumb cats - that's a really fun way to use crumbs. Sounds like the quilt show was a fun event!

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on your ribbon! The kitties were so cute. Hope you didn't get to tired out so you can't quilt today!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like your kitties the best and I also like the farm themed placemat......both very nice:)