Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Progress on the pillow top

Happy Halloween!!

My quite large Halloween version of One Block Wonder is hanging in the dining room this month.  I made this one in a class a few years ago, and really enjoy pulling it out to display during October.  It has a panel in the middle, and the hexies were cut from 6 more identical panels.  There are still a few leftover hexie pieces in a drawer.   

The bench pillow top (18" x 36") came together well.  There were SO MANY pieces to cut, but I'm liking the results to this point. I'm still trying to decide how to quilt it.  I had a leftover piece of batting just the right size, but still need to dig out some muslin to back that pillow top before quilting.  

Black isn't usually a color I associate with Christmas, but admittedly it does allow the greens, gold, pink and red to pop.  The kit has more of the solid black for binding but I think I'm going to use a red - maybe even a red stripe.  In the stash I found a subtle green print for that envelop back.  The pattern called for the gold, but the piece wasn't large enough, plus I didn't want a gold back to this.  

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the black really shows off the other colors great

Kate said...

Happy Halloween! Your wall hanging is really cute. Your Christmas pillow is coming along beautifully. Have fun with all the finishing steps.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a cheerful Halloween quilt! It’s a stunning piece.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Halloween! That is a stunning Halloween wall hanging!