Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Quilt Show fun Part 1

Our small quilt guild - Heartland Quilters - holds a quilt show every other year.  Opposite years there is a shop hop bus trip.  Such great ways for the guild members to enjoy our sense of community. 


The theme this year was Crazy About Quilts.  The raffle quilt was sewn as a group project by members, and featured crumb blocks. 


I definitely think the raffle winner of this quilt was pleased.  


Members put together baskets of goodies to also be raffled off.  I think there were 17 different baskets, and every one of them had such fun things in them - coffee, wine, food items, sewing notions, movie theater passes, and more.  One of them was full of vintage hankies and a book on using them for quilt projects.  The winner literally squealed when her name was announced.  


There were 5 vendors who attended.  Oh my goodness - so many fun things to purchase!  I bought a specialty ruler, some adorable button sets, a little bag pattern, a panel to make 8 zippered project bags, some patriotic jelly roll strips, a few fat quarters, and a piece of yardage for pillow cases.  

I also bought the Tell the Story 2 challenge project from Mary's Quilt Market.  There is a charm square and instructions in it for next spring's challenge project at her shop. She came all the way from Arnold ND to be vendor and also gave a fabulous trunk show on Sunday.  


One of the vendors had these amazing woven bags - large, medium and small, in so many different colorways.  I was gifted this large red, white, and blue bag as a thank you for my volunteer work with Quilts of Valor.  What a wonderful gift!!  Thank you Brenda.  I do believe it's going to be perfect to hold my QOV things.  It's big enough to hold a quilt folded up when we go to make a presentation.


Speaking of Quilts of Valor . . . we had a table set up right inside the entrance.  The table had a donation container and I'm happy to say we collected a few dollars to keep supporting our work. 

In another post this week I'll show some of the amazing quilts at the show.  

6 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a very fun show.

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on getting a tote for your QOV work! Looks like some fun projects in your future.

time4stitchn said...

I love quilt shows. You get to see so many different styles of quilting and so many wonderful fabric combinations to admire and inspire. Congrats on your ribbon. And then I love to shop the vendors. Having friends to set up and share the responsibilities bonds people together and it sounds like you have many groups to enjoy.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That quilt is so pretty! What a lucky gal! You bought some cute stuff! What a perfect bag for you...love it!

Nann said...

The handkerchief basket is a great idea. (I'd have put all my tickets in for that one.)

Nann said...

P.S. I like the raffle/opportunity quilt, too.