Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Red/white binding

One binding is finished - a wall hanging. 


The center of this (house block) was originally the beginning of the Stay At Home Round Robin in 2022.  I added the little heart above the chimney, the red frame, and half of those dark diamonds on opposite corners.  Then I decided I didn’t like it so it went into a drawer to become a UFO.

But during the Sewcialites 2 sew-along in 2023 I was making a set of the blocks in the 3” size in red and white.  There are actually 24 of the 3” blocks, but I used 4 of them to add to this wall hanging.  Then a ribbon final border took shape.  I definitely like how it all turned out.  

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The ribbon border really makes the whole quilt pop! Well done!

Vicki in MN said...

You were very creative and made it your own. Nice work Sara.

celia ambrose said...

This turned out so pretty. Can't go wrong with a ribbon border.