Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Survived the stairs

 Today is the day - for navigating the steps down to my basement sewing room.  Slow and steady with my cane and the railing, and not at all painful.  It was 2 weeks ago today that I had surgery, so I've met my goal of being back to sewing within 2 weeks.  I promise not to overdue it yet.  Two hours was all I was ready to handle today.


The freezer paper template has been ironed onto the background for the Sea Otter wall hanging purchased in Alaska in June.  Next steps will be adding the small pieces already laser cut to make this applique piece. Then the freezer paper template can be pulled away. 


The remaining time today in my sewing room was spent making last week and this week's Autumn Wonder blocks.  This is the Pat Sloan sew-along going on.  I am doing 2 of each block - 1 in autumn colors, and 1 in patriotic colors.

OK - it's lunch time and I need to scrounge up something to eat. Then I can spend the afternoon in my recliner with some hand stitching and watch it rain.  

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is great that you were able to navigate the stairs today! you are on your way now, nothing holding you back!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Two weeks already and you made it to the sewing room!! I am impressed!

cityquilter grace said...

good news indeed....inch by inch life's a cinch...

Vicki in MN said...

I am so happy you were able to get down those stairs for some sewing therapy! Sounds like you are doing really well with no pain. You are wise not to overdo to much.

Tired Teacher said...

Your recovery is progressing well! I’m impressed you managed going up and down the stairs successfully and did some sewing, too.

Nann said...

Glad your venture down into the depths (you did say basement!) was successful. Each day will allow you some more -- and by spring you'll be in fine shape! Are you going to join Bonnie H's new sew-along?