Pages

Monday, October 2, 2023

Design Wall Monday - October 2

 That is on your design wall this morning?  
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


These blocks are the last sewing I did before my surgery last week - Pat Sloan's Autumn Wonders block #2.   I won't get this week's block done until I'm able to do the stairs to my sewing room, but that's OK because there is no big rush to keep up.   My version 1 is in patriotic colors. 


My version 2 returned to the autumn theme.  It's always interesting how different a block can look with different fabric choices. 

So far, only a little hand stitching has been happening here on the sewing front.  But I do feel like I'm on the mend from my surgery.  I get tired very quickly as I hobble around the house with my walker.  But pain has been minimal these past couple of days.  This time I will be getting some PT.  It was obvious that because I was so "lame" this past month I had lost some muscle before surgery, so it will be good to build up some muscle again in both legs.  

7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

So glad you are not having a lot of pain. Getting PT is not normal following this surgery?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good to get help with the physical therapy - I'm really surprised that you didn't get it after the last one, I thought that was a necessary part of it as several in my family had the surgery and always had the PT afterwards.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your two blocks! It's amazing how different fabric choices can make the same layout look completely different! Sounds like you're progressing in your recovery - PT is always a good idea.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sounds like you’re doing well with your recovery. Best wishes

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Continued good wishes on your recovery!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes the different fabrics look like a totally different quilt block! Be kind to yourself, recovery takes time!

Nann said...

Wow-- those don't look like the same pattern at all! Hope you're healing well.