Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2023

RSC23 - Week #43

 One of my quilt show purchases was the Curvy Log Cabin ruler. 


I have a gallon zippered bag full of light neutral strips, and a bin of other shaped scraps.  And the fall scraps were already out because I've been using them for the Autumn Wonders blocks.  So naturally I gravitated right to them for a coupe of practice Curvy Log Cabin blocks to try out the new ruler.  

I'm sure there will be more of these made in the near future, and using that clever ruler.  And using up more of those narrow strings from the bag of neutrals.


I used a lot of the light neutral 2.5" x 4.5" bricks for these 2 new Potato Chip blocks.  These finish at 12", and there are a dozen of them right now.  


A light neutral background has been working well for the fall colors version of the Autumn Wonders block each week.  I've used a different one for each block so far.  This week's block is a simple Churn Dash block, which is one of my favorites.


The patriotic version is done too.  This flag print was leftover from a Quilt of Valor backing, but it sure works well in this block. 

What else is happening in the RSC world this week?

8 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun blocks. Hopefully they made a bit of dent in your neutral scraps.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That curvy log cabin block looks like it will be fun to make and to figure out a layout for! I love the potato chip blocks, too - I might need to add them to my list. Your Autumn Wonders churn dash is great with both the pumpkin and flag prints. Lots of fun sewing going on at your place!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty blocks - looks like you’re having fun with your scraps.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Soon you will have no scraps left:)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your potato chip blocks are such fun. So many novelty, mid scale to large scale fabrics, but they work beautifully together.

Jenny said...

Lots of lovely blocks here.

Vicki in MN said...

The curved log cabin looks fun, are the neutral strips all the same size?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun stitching!!!
What is a curvy log cabin ruler? That one is going to look great