Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Hump Day

 Hmmm - the only sewing that happened yesterday was a little bit of binding on the little challenge project for the quilt show.  And I can't show you that yet because we have to keep them anonymous until the winner is announced on Sunday afternoon.


Yesterday was a gorgeous and perfect fall day, with sunshine and a high around 70.  This morning is grey and chilly - with a chance of some light rain. 


The view across the street shows just a small variety of colors.  The ash tree in front has already dropped about half of it's golden leaves. I love that deep red tree poking it's head out from the back. 

I've printed off today's Autumn Wonders block (#5 from Pat Sloan) but probably won't do any sewing on it until tomorrow.  I might look for fabrics for them, but my priority this morning is to get one more Quilt of Valor label sewn onto a quilt.  So far this morning I've been on the phone with 2 different families to get dates set for QOV presentations for their loved ones.  

This afternoon I'm planning to play cards with some friends. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I miss the ash trees that were in front of my Riverton house. The rooms glowed with the golden color as the riding sun lit the trees.

Kate said...

Hope you can get back to some solid stitching time soon. The leaves haven't quite started changing here yet, but it's been cooler this week so hopefully that will kick off at least some fall colors.