Pages

Friday, October 27, 2023

So many projects . . .

 I've really been itching to start a new project this week, and keep looking at my list of PIGS (yes there is a list) to see which project might be next.  PIGS (projects in grocery sacks) are any project that I've purchased but haven't begun yet.  Some are actual kits and some are just a pattern, fabric and possibly a ruler.  I know there are plenty of things to finish, but I have a craving for something new.  

I did play a little bit earlier this week with the specialty ruler (Curvy Log Cabin) I purchased at the quilt show.  The ruler makes it so easy to make that block.  That reminded me about the Wonky Log Cabin project already waiting in a project box, along with THAT specialty ruler by the same manufacturer.  Hmmm . . . this would be a fun choice for a new project. 


This kit for a Christmas bench pillow is a more recent purchase.  It was actually one of the things I considered cutting out while recovering from surgery. That didn't happen obviously.  This might be a quicker finish than starting a big quilt.  

There are also 2 pillowcases kitted up for the granddaughters' Christmas stocking goodies.  Those would count as something new, right?  

There will be some NEW projects happening, along with working toward some finishes on those WIPs and UFOs that are patiently waiting. 

7 comments:

Kate said...

That bench pillow would definitely be a fun new start. Looking forward to seeing what stitching you decide to play with this weekend.

Vicki in MN said...

Well you do have a few new fun things to work with. I say go with the bench pillow for a pretty quick finish and then you can do another new thing, hehe.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

All of the projects will be fun to make - jump right in!

Nann said...

I looked up the ruler and then the instruction sheet. Very clever!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like you have some beautiful projects to pick from! Hope you get some sewing time in now!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the bench pillow! Starting it right now could mean a perfectly timed holiday finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

ohhh I know that feeling!! you have some great things to choose from!