Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wednesday already?

October needs to slow down!!  I'm not ready for November to arrive because that usually means snow and cold weather.   


The patriotic version of Autumn Wonders block #5 came out very nicely.  This really makes a terrific block for a Quilt of Valor.  I might end up making more of them from the QOV scrap bin.

Block #6 will be posted later this morning, and I'm eager to see what comes next from Pat Sloan.  While the red/white/blue bin was front and center, I worked on a couple more blocks using patterns we've used before.  


I've made so many Floating Star blocks and these Split Back Star blocks that I could make them in my sleep.  I don't even need to check the pattern for cutting sizes anymore.  The dark blue in all of this week's blocks is an old one found deep in the stash.  This red with the big stars is a new purchase.


The block I've been calling the 4 Square Star is turning out to be one of my favorites too.  I think this may have to be the next block pattern I share with our QOV group.  There are 6 of these now, with various backgrounds (cream, white, prints).  

I was all excited to have a sewing day yesterday that didn't materialize as expected due to a variety of interruptions.  And today I have a lunch with retired staff from the school where I spent 2 decades teaching.  But before and after lunch I have some work tasks with a Thursday deadline that popped up.  That will limit the time spent sewing unfortunately.  Sigh!!!

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like you are back to work instead of sewing. Hope your hip is mending nicely!

cityquilter grace said...

all really nice....love RWB combo

Kate said...

I agree, October is just moving too fast! Wonderful QOV blocks. Hopefully you can catch up on your stitching time this weekend.