Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Another PIG from the drawers


I feel like something cheerful might kick start my lack of energy this week.  Warm sunshine might help too.  I looked through my collection of PIGS (projects in grocery sacks) to see what I have that wouldn't require any major purchases like background fabrics.  And this was all packed up together in a gallon zip lock bag: a jelly roll, background fabric, and pattern book.


Precut Primer is a small book of patterns by Me and My Sister Designs that I bought on the guild bus trip to Missouri Star about 3 years ago.  The jelly roll is actually an RJR Pixie Strip collection called Mirage that I may have bought on the same trip.  It's full of vivid colors in loud happy prints.  And the pattern I had marked with a sticky note is featured on the cover of the book.  It's called 6th Grade and finishes about 78" square.  This pattern called for 5 1/2 yards of background and even that (light grey) fabric was all folded neatly in the bag.  This seems like a good next project since everything I need is right there in one place - and I've moved it from the bag it was in to one of the empty project boxes.  Having a real project box instead of a bag makes it a priority, right? 

I also picked up 2 small projects from the quilter, so a little binding is in my future.     

1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Finding the fabric and pattern together Is a sure sign that this project wants out of the bag and into a proper project box.