Pages

Friday, May 29, 2020

More RSC blocks

 Other quilter’s blogs are always giving me new ideas and inspiration. Earlier this week, The Academic Quilter showed the Ohio Star blocks that she is making for this year’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  She is making 2 different sizes, but more exciting to me was seeing that she is also making blocks with the colors reversed.  


A few of those reversed blocks would add some interesting spots in my own quilt and may be a great way to break up some of the white I’ve been using in the backgrounds.  So here is a pink block to go with the pink one already made, and then a light blue one along with it’s opposite version.  Light blue wasn’t one of this year’s colors - yet - but there was a fat quarter laying on top of the bin, so it seemed like a good color to add to the rainbow. 


I'm still working on the blocks for 6th Grade.  Two more blocks are completely finished, with another 6 of them just needing the final colored pieces and the side triangles.  I have been thinking however that I really don't care for the NAME of this pattern. Love the pattern, but just not feeling that name.  So I'm looking for inspiration for a new name for this quilt.  Any ideas out there??





6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely additions to your Ohio Star collection! A new name? My vote would be to see what works once the quilt is complete.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those Ohio Star blocks, too, and your pairs of reversed color stars are going to make a great quilt! Mari inspired me this week, too - but with her other project that she calls the modern blocks. I decided I'm going to have to try some of those!

Mari said...

I love your Ohio stars! The pink one is especially appealing. Your other blocks look like feathers to me. I agree with Joy. You'll know when you see the whole pattern together.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am not much good at name Arrows maybe:)

grammajudyb said...

I don’t visit regularly, so I had to look back at previous posts to find the rest of your 6th grade blocks. They make me think of all the arrows in store these days...so how about Walk This Way or This Way Please, or some version of this?

Susie H said...

Lovely blocks. Not sure what you should call it .... yet. But 6th Grade sounds like a weird name to me too. Very pretty Ohio stars too!