Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Gold stars - progress


The dark gold stars give this quilt an antique look.  Such a good decision to change these from the boring navy blue - and not to have chosen red.  The first 5 rows out of the 10 total are done. One of the things I really like about this pattern is how the stars drift out into the border.  Check out Pat Sloan's blog for this free pattern called Oh My Stars. 


While watching TV last night I began the binding process on the Happy Blocks quilt.  I should have gotten more than one side stitched down, but Survivor was a great distraction.  I'm definitely a Survivor fan and can't believe this is the 40th season - 20 years of fun.  It's a gloomy day and we expect rain so I'm sure I'll be binding again after work today. 

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

yes the gold stars are just right!

Julierose said...

The gold stars are a lovely choice--it does look vintage with them nice work
~ ~ ~ waving from afar julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the gold stars! I’m a Survivor fan, too. This has been an interesting season with all the winners from previous seasons. I’ll watch last night’s episode this afternoon.