Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Flower pots and duct tape


This is really the extent of my gardening these days.  When our kids were still living at home I had a vegetable garden with the usual tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, etc.  But I gave that up and now I plant a couple of pots of flowers for the back deck and the front porch.  That's it.

This year I purchased a pretty solar powered rain gauge for the pot on the deck.  But I missed buying the bottom half of the metal spike to put into the dirt.  My husband came in and told me he had a solution but he needed my help.  Two sticks and a roll of duct tape - that was his solution.  Really?  I said one word - NO.  Guess I hurt his feelings because he stomped off in a huff.  

I currently used the plastic spike from one of those bright plastic spinners left over from last summer.  And I plan to go out to the nursery later today to get a few petunias for the last pot.   I'll see if they still have the metal spikes.  


This pink geranium was from Menards. The spike and the trailing plant were from the nursery.  I have the yellow day lily the kids brought me this week to plant in the rock garden.  And I have a BIG pot of red geraniums to set out on the porch too.  

That will be my garden for 2020.  


3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

That's my kind of garden. Menards usually has great deals on plants around Mother's Day. I hope you can find the stake to go with the rain gauge. I threw some seeds in an area by my front door. I hope they grow.

Nann said...

Good for you. I suck at gardening but I persist.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I haven't bough any plants yet maybe later this week. I usually don't plant until June 1 anyway:)