Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Progress on multiple projects


A morning off work yielded a little progress on 3 different projects.  Another set of 8 blocks is gaining rounds.  That second round of colored pieces is now sewn on and they are ready for the second narrow grey round.  And all of the pieces for a last set of 8 blocks have been cut and organized.  I hope to have all of the blocks done by the end of May. 

The RSC color for May was dark green and I finally made my dark green Ohio Star block.  I didn't get all of my dark green RSC blocks made.  For some reason I wasn't excited about dark green.  But the color for June was released early and it's PINK!!!  Yay!  My pink Ohio Star block turned out great.  There are now 17 of these blocks, with some made in 2019 and some in 2020.  Not enough yet for a whole quilt, but we're getting closer. 


And . . . the blue sashing strips have finally been added to these 12" patriotic blocks.  I made the blocks a couple of years ago - at least.  I think it was a block pattern called Fireflies from Saturday Sampler back in 2017, but I'm not positive about that.  And I'm not sure when I made the actual blocks.  The centers were fussy cut to show off the flags.  I also have no idea what I had planned to do with these blocks, but the sashing was in the bag with the blocks.  I'm going to take this next time I go to The Pin Cushion and see if I can find an appropriate border fabric to make a table runner.  




1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fireflies is an attractive block: I like the “texture” of the sashing fabric.