Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Rainy day projects


A cool rainy day killed my golf plans for yesterday. And on a day like that it’s cold in my basement sewing room, so I spent the day hand stitching upstairs in front of the TV.  The binding on Hayride is finished.  This was a Sew Vintage group challenge - to make a barn quilt from Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage 2.  Her patterns are always some of my favorites.

And the hand quilting on Raspberry Cocoa has had major progress made.  This is a Kim Diehl project from a previous year's Simple Whatnots Club.  I only have the final border remaining to quilt now.   Normally I would wait to bind this after the quilting is all done, but I am going to add the binding so I can make adjustments to how I line up that final quilting.  It’s a small piece so I’m not too concerned about distortion.  This has been on my UFO list for 2 years and I'm determined to finish it in 2020.  


I'm taking this morning off work, and plan to go down and sew while I have a chance.  I have a couple of Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks to make.  And the binding strips for Raspberry Cocoa is ready to stitch together, press, and attach to that little quilt.  I also have another 8 blocks cut and ready to sew for 6th grade.  And there is another UFO ready to add some sashing strips to.  Plenty to choose from so I'm not likely to get bored today. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

You’ve chosen a great quilting template for Raspberry Cocoa. It was dreary here all weekend as well, but I didn’t get as much done as you did: Hayride is a beauty.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt Sara, and the quilting always adds so much! My quilt room upstairs is too hot today but it isn't hot enough to turn on the air. I remember how chilly my basement room would get!

Kate said...

Congrats on the Sew Vintage finish! It looks great. Hope you got in lots of stitching time on your day off.