Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Pick a PIG - Oh My Stars


I've picked a PIG to work on next - and it's one that I had kitted up myself a year ago at least.  Oh My Stars is a free Pat Sloan pattern.  The pattern uses 2 charm packs plus some yardage, and is a quick easy project.  I have a good start on this Project in a Grocery sack, but now am having some second thoughts on color. 


I had bought the 2 charm packs of Snowman Gatherings III, most likely on a past guild bus trip shop hop.  They are all creams and dusty blues. They layed in a drawer with other charm packs for quite a while - until I saw the Oh My Stars pattern online.  I found a navy blue solid in my stash, and must have bought the cream yardage later.  All of that plus the pattern were in a bag together ready to go.  


Not a lot of time was needed to sew the star points onto some of the charm squares. And last evening I spread everything out on the floor to play with the arrangement.  That is when I started to ask myself why I chose navy blue to make the stars because they just sort of fade into the blocks in places.  So . . . I may do some experimenting.  How about red stars?  What other color would look good with the blue and cream but still keep that winter theme going?  

4 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Before I finished reading my thought was add in some red stars!! That'll make it really pop.

Julierose said...

Oh I have that pattern from Pat Sloan too..it is on my "To Do" list...
I would use a dark maroon print maybe...[I find it hard to visualize unless I see the fabrics right in front of me...]. It looks like a fun pattern...~ ~ ~ waving in the cold wind Julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Red stars would look nice with the blue, but it would be more patriotic than winter-like. What about a cream with a gold or silver Design.

Sara said...

I love the idea of gold - thanks for suggesting that. There is a touch of gold in some of the cream fabrics so that might be the perfect solution. Thanks Nancy!!