Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

A change of scenery

 We all need an occasional change of scenery, even if it’s just for an afternoon and evening.  My husband had a meeting yesterday afternoon and was then going to stop in Sioux Falls to watch our 4th grade grandson play flag football at 6:30.  And I decided to ride along.

I took handwork along with to work on while he was in his meeting.  So from 2-4 in the afternoon I sat in his vehicle with the windows down, stitched and listened to the radio, and enjoyed a beautiful October day. I did take a little walk along the Main Street and stopped into an interesting little shop as well.  All-in-all it was a relaxing afternoon.  And a great evening watching flag football and getting hugs from from a couple of grandkids.

Hand quilting was finished and the binding is nearly done on the little guild challenge project.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Your afternoon sounds wonderful and productive. Flag football games fun to watch, especially when younger children are playing.

Moneik said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon to me.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A fun day for you! Nice to take projects along in the car!