Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Not all progress is forward

 The navy blue Sew Together bag is all done except for the handwork around the handles and zipper.  At some point this week I plan to have it all finished. 


The tote bags for my granddaughters have also been started.  The parts for the front of Sophia's bag were cut and sewn on Monday morning.  But I couldn't figure out why the borders on this panel section didn't fit.  I measured them twice, and even pieced the top and bottom to make it fit.


And then I looked at the pattern again.  Oops!!!  Two mistakes on my part due to not reading the instructions closely enough.  


Mistake #1 - I didn't trim to size after adding the the blue borders.  Mistake #2 - I put the narrow flowered sections on the sides (because they fit since I didn't trim the blue), and the wider border on the top and bottom.  I ended up piecing those because they were too short.  Duh!! GRRRR!  This was a careless mistake on my part!!

So, I do believe my seam ripper is coming out again.  And once I trim that blue, then the flowered pieces should fit IF I put them on correctly.   

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

My ripper came out quite a bit yesterday too:( The panel wall hanging I started wasn't coming out quite like I envisioned it.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Beautiful panel. I'm sure it will be worth the effort.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How adorable is that zebra tho!!! you just can't get mad at it!!!