Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Green is leading me to Christmas

 With this month's color being green, I started thinking about Christmas projects, even though lime green may not be the shade normally be associated with that holiday.  Then I saw this project in a magazine, and you know how easily distracted I am.  So, Christmas table runner #2 is ready to quilt and this one has a touch of lime green. This runner looks kind of busy.  Maybe I should have put a solid red border on it.   Hmmmm . . .


Runner #1 used aqua with pink and red, and again I used the busy print as the border.  It's also ready to quilt.  But I probably won't decide how to quilt these until all 3 are ready.


Runner #3 just needs the border and my plan is to use the snowman print.  Since I used up most of that dark red fat quarter, I guess the decision was made for me.  All 3 runners will use the print from the Crossed Canoes blocks as the border.  


I'm linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today:
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

i like the lime green one best....all nice but that is my fave!

Vicki in MN said...

They are all so pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great tablerunners, and will make nice gifts! I love that green print with the snowmen on it.

Mari said...

I like the red peppermint fabric. Definitely keep it! I never thought of crossed canoes as Christmassy, but it makes a perfect block. They all look like Christmas ornaments!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute projects, Sara!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like the snowmen the best! Nice project!

grammajudyb said...

Fantastic table runners! I used a lime in a recent Christmas runner! It’s a modern look that millennials might love! I am partial to the snowman one! Good old fashioned me! I’ve never done a Crossed Canoe block! I may have to try one! Thanks for the inspiration!