Pages

Monday, October 4, 2021

Design Wall Monday - small Halloween projects

 A couple of small Halloween projects are on my design wall. One of them was on my October goals list, and the other one should have been on that list.

Our guild quilt show is in 2 weeks, and I’ve been working on my entry for the Challenge project. We received a charm square (5”) of a Halloween fabric (black with grey and orange bats) that we must use in the project - and it has to be recognizable.  The project can be anything, as long as it isn’t larger than 100” circumference.  I’m working on using that piece in some appliqué, but I’ll have to wait until after the show to post a picture of the finished product.

The project that was on my list, was the Pillow of the Month that had a Halloween theme.  All of the appliqué pieces are fused onto the center, but I’ve only begun to do the blanket stitching on the edges.  Then there will be some half squares triangles framing this center section.  And I have no clue yet how I want to quilt this pillow front.  This series of 20” pillows come in kit form, so I can’t take any credit for the design or fabric choices.  This one is pretty cute. 

What is on your design wall today? 

I'm also linking up with Monday Making:

5 comments:

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing how your challenge quilt worked out. You've got some fun Halloween stitching to enjoy. I've recently purchases some very fun Halloween fabrics and would love to make something from them, but I'm trying to be good and stay focused on the UFO list for another year.

Vicki in MN said...

Isn't Halloween stitching so fun! Excited to see what you come up with for your challenge:)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The cat silhouette is a great focal piece for a pillow! I’ve never done any appliqué by hand or by machine. I doubt I would have the patience to wrangle the fabric as I worked on the blanket stitching.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It would be fun to see how the other people used the same fabric! Looks like maybe a candy corn:)

AnnieO said...

Great looking Halloween cat! I like borders on pillow covers so the main design doesn't slide off the front of the pillow when stuffed.