Pages

Friday, October 1, 2021

October goals

A new month and a clean set of goals to play with!!  And my head has been spinning lately with ideas for new projects.  I couldn't possibly live long enough to make everything I want to make.

One main thing that I want to happen is to quilt and bind the Fish School quilt.  I searched high and low for a "fishy" print to use on the back of this one, and finally found this one called Aquarium - Under the Sea by Timeless Treasures.  It even has the same pale aqua in the background that is in the fish row of the quilt - and most of the bright colors from the strips show up too.  My plan is to quilt this one myself and I have a plan already.  Wish me luck!!!


What else is on my October list?  Lots of ongoing things and I'm sure a squirrel or 2 will cross my path before the end of the month. There is always some new sew-along online that tempts me, or some new project I see in a quilt shop.  And lately I've spent almost as much time dreaming up new projects as I have sewing the actual projects. 

And our guild quilt show is in the middle of October, so there will be more inspiration for new projects going on there I'm sure.  I just know I'll see something I want to make either from one of the trunk shows or from the vendors there.  But here is my very basic list to get started:

  • Monthly sew-along projects
    • choose fabric for NEW Saturday Sampler 
    • weekly Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks 
    • Pillow of the Month (Halloween pillow) 
    • Simple Whatnots - I've fallen behind in Club 10
  • Squirrels & PIGS & other new things
    • cut out the tote bags for Olivia (music) and Sophia (animals) for Christmas
    • Block drive (patriotic Jelly Belly Bar )
    • Pick a PIG - ???? 
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC21) in Neutrals or Lime Green 
    • Home Is . . . - choose a final layout for the quilt
    • Bunny block  
    • Twinkle Star blocks
    • Ohio Star blocks  
    • Tulip Time blocks  
    • sew Wisdom block into rows
  • UFO and WIP projects - make some progress
    • APQ UFO Challenge #8 
    • make more pillowcases
    • more blocks for Checkered Stars  
    • navy blue Sew Together bag  
    • Fish School quilt - quilt and bind 
    • Quilt the little Lori Holt Bee Patriotic project  
  • Cleaning and Organizing my sewing space
    • clean off my cutting space
    • organize the patriotic fabrics

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

what a list! i too feel like i have one that long at least...many things in the works....just have to sew faster...LOL!

Kate said...

You picked a fun background for the baby quilt. Good luck with all your plans for the month.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great backing fabric. I’m eager to see how you quilt it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a perfect fabric for the back! This quilt will be a beauty. I know how it is...my attention span is lacking as I have not finished anything in a while:)