Pages

Monday, October 11, 2021

Design Wall Monday - bag progress

There has been significant progress on this bag, which is another of the Sew Together bags.  This is #17 that I've made from this pattern.  I'm wishing however that I had sewn that license plate another inch higher.  But I had already quilted that front section when I realized it should have been higher.  


The handles and final zipper are remaining, so I'm feeling optimistic that I can finish it this week.  The hardest part is sewing that lining, with pockets and side sections onto the front as there are so many layers of fabric to sew through.  


But before I could sew those sections together I had to correct my big mistake.  I had one zippered pocket all sewn and even top stitched, when I realized that I had left out the pocket lining.  Oops!!  My seam ripper is always close at hand luckily. 
 

The lining, pockets, and side sections were finally successfully added.  Now, on to the next step.

What is on your design wall today? 

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Making friends with Jack the Ripper just isn't all that fun. Sigh. But the bag will be great when done. Good way to use those license plates too.

Cindy Quilts said...

I have made one of these bags and LOVE it. I love the lining fabric in yours. It will look great when finished.

Preeti said...

Nevertheless, Sara persisted!!! Those little things can be finicky. Kudos to you for persevering.

Kim said...

This is a fun bag! Great choice of fabrics. Love that quote.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Probably why I do not sew! I am certain you will master it!

AnnieO said...

I watched a fellow guild member make one of these on a retreat--she was very determined and powered through until successfully raising it up high to show her finish. Best of luck for the same!

Judy Hansen said...

I like Preeti's response....Nevertheless, Sara persisted. It looks too complicated for me, but I don't make bags because I am afraid of zippers. We quilters indeed Sew the Blues Away. Great looking bag! Hugs, Judy