Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Lots of blocks

Another grey rainy day around here, but I'm not complaining because we certainly need the moisture.  Dave got up at 4:00 am today to go out and put the gutter extensions back on.  He took them off on Monday when we cleaned the leaves out of the gutters, and forgot to put them back on.  Without at least the one next to my sewing room window, one corner of my sewing room will get damp.  I'm afraid to go down there and check.   

Tuesday morning was a busy sewing time, but I had to work in the afternoon.  I took advantage of that morning to myself and got lots of blocks made.  Today won't involve any sewing most likely.  I plan to play cards with friends in the afternoon until it's time to leave for a college basketball game.  This is the first women's game (SDSU vs St. Cloud) of the season.  Although it's only an exhibition game, it's always fun to get the season started.  Go Jacks!!


This week's Farmers Wife Sampler blocks are Maple Leaf and Kitchen Wood Box.  Maple Leaf is such a common old traditional block.  Kitchen Wood Box was so quick and easy that I may have to make more of them as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge block.  Hmmmm . . .


My Simple Whatnots UFO is coming along. I have 4 of the 9 blocks made for "In and Out".  This one is pretty small, so I'm hopeful that I can get it finished by the end of the week. 


I promised myself that I would continue working on RSC scrappy blocks this week - as Leaders/Enders between the tiny pieces of the Kim Diehl project.  And so far I've made 4 of the Windmill blocks in bright happy colors.  


I also had a pile of Tulip Time blocks kitted up as well, and managed to add 4 of them this week.  They need to be sashed and sewn into a "quad" section yet.  I think this will make 35 quads, so I'm getting closer to having enough for a quilt - maybe by spring?  

4 comments:

woolyjooly said...

Life of a retired gal, how great!! Go Jacks. Nice blocks, cuz. I can't believe how much you get done sewing wise.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The maple leaf square is so pretty! :)

Sharon Kwilter said...

So many adorable blocks. Well done.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love all your blocks so pretty. Reminds me where are my maple leaves? Hmmmm