Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2021

What is the plan for the week?

 On Friday as I hung up lots of new blocks on the skirt hangers in neat collections, I had to look around my sewing room to see what was waiting for some attention.  Believe me, there are so many projects waiting for attention.  Too many!!  Some specific goals for this week need to focus on things stacked on the end of the ironing board and taking up space.


This bag was kitted up about a year ago, and has been neglected for too long.  I pulled it out this summer and quilted the front. Then I put it away.  A couple of months later it came out again and I sewed the end sections together. And then it was set aside again.  Well, it's time to finish it.  


Both granddaughters are getting tote bags for Christmas.  The music fabric will make Olivia a bag for her piano lesson books plus a pillowcase.  I'm not 100% sure about using that purple with the music fabric, but I'm thinking it will be good for the bag lining and maybe the handles.  The zebra fabric will become a tote bag for Sophia.  She loves animals, and this bag kit was something I bought while shopping with her mom last spring.  I should be able to finalize what size to make them, and cut the pieces this week.  Maybe a little sewing will happen on them too, depending on time. 


Friday this week will be completely taken up with the set up process for our guild Quilt Show.  The show itself is Saturday and Sunday.  It takes most of the day to set up poles and hang quilts, and then do a bit of decorating.  I plan to take only 6 or 7 projects to show this year, including this Halloween themed One Block Wonder.  It was finished in 2019 - but we can show anything we've made since the previous quilt show, which was 2018.  

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is one beauty of a quilt! The girls will love your bags and pillowcases!

Unknown said...

I really like how that quilt turned out! Sara again your such an inspiration!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your OBW!! I know how it goes with starting a project and then relegating it to the end of the ironing board. I have 2 trays that I keep the current projects on, it helps me stay focused. Wait~ Did I say focused?~ squirrel!!! I think I need another tray! LOL