Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2021

A last focus on orange

 The final week of September hasn't involved a whole lot of orange, but I had touches here and there.  And I'm ready to make the switch to the new color for October.

I made 8 individual Tulip Time blocks this month and sewed them into 2 "quad" sections of 4 tulips each.  And both sections had a bit of orange - by accident.  I have 32 of these sections made, and am currently aiming for 42.  


My final Summer Soiree block has a little orange.  All 12 blocks in this series have bright batiks and summery floral prints.  I think this will make a great cheerful donation quilt.  


While hanging up a quilt top with the backing I had just pieced, I realized that my sewing room closet holds a LOT of bright colored projects. There are currently 5 flimsies hanging here waiting to be quilted, and every one of them contains orange, along with other bright happy colors - thanks to this Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I also have 4 Quilt of Valor tops I've made the past few months that still need quilting too, but I have them with our other QOV projects.  


The left side of the closet holds WIPS - lots of block sets.  And most of these are also things that are part of the RSC and were free block patterns.  Just in this photo I see the summery set of 12 Summer Soiree blocks (Pat Sloan), some Diamond Tile (Bonnie Hunter pattern), Twinkle Star, Wisdom (Fat Quarter Shop), Tulip Time (Bonnie Hunter), more Wisdom, some string blocks, and hiding behind are some Churn Dash blocks.  This represents lots of fun sewing over several years.  

In the background of both photos, you can see the shelving units I put into both ends of this huge closet.  Those shelves have sure helped me organize supplies (left side) and projects (right side).  

7 comments:

Kate said...

Your Tulip blocks are so pretty! Sounds like you are close to finished with the assembly on those. You have a very nicely organized storage space. I'm not brave enough to post photos of mine right now!

Mari said...

I had dto pop over and see those pretty tulips. They're so cheery! Looks like you will be spenbding some time quilting up all those tops! Have fun!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your closet with all the quilt tops hanging up and waiting to be quilted! Such a great idea! Those tulip blocks are lovely, and so are the Summer Soiree blocks. Pretty colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE those blocks you made!! Do you ever get bored? With all of those lovely projects in your quilt closet, I would seriously doubt it, Sara!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love organized closets — mine are NOT organized.

Vicki in MN said...

I loved seeing your fun closet!! Nope not showing you mine as it is a really big jumpled mess!! I thought after today I would be caught up, hahaha, sold 4 things since yesterday morning and they are popular items so I need to whip of more of those. I can't get ahead,haha. Wanta come help me, LOL

LA Paylor said...

awe pretty tulips and I'll miss orange. May just have to continue with it, heh heh. I have so many ufos and wips