Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

This n That

 Today is the day for setting up for the quilt show.  I've volunteered to help set up poles and hang quilts, and I'm hoping that my back will handle it.  I've been fighting a strained back all week since trying to move something heavy on Sunday.  


I've had limited sewing time this week but have made some decent progress on bags, which was really my only goal for the week.  But then my new issue of Love of Quilting magazine showed up in the mail.  And I just had to dig into my Christmas fabrics to play with a project from the magazine.


There was a table runner pattern in the magazine that uses this particular block, and I just couldn't resist making with it.  These blocks are paper pieced so the points come out perfectly.  I plan to make 2 of them - one using the red/aqua Christmas fabrics and the other using the red/green below.  It's sure fun to have a whole drawer full of Christmas fabrics to play with. 


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That peppermint candy fabric is really cute! Hope you have a good quilt show weekend, take lots of photos!

Kathy S. said...

I was disappointed a little in the issue. The project that I really liked is the table runner you are working on. Your colors and fabrics are a great choice for it.