Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Bags, bags, bags

There is one finish already this week, and it's a bag.


The 12" project bag pattern I have uses a clear vinyl on the front so it's easy to see what is inside the bag.  Last year's guild president shared the pattern and did a demo one month.  Now there are lots of us who have made quite a few of these, including me.  I think this is the 10th one I've made so far.  I've sold a couple of them and gifted a couple.  This one will be a gift for later this fall.  
 

While in Sioux Falls last week for a Quilt of Valor award, I made a stop at JoAnne Fabric.  They have a great selection of jewelry parts, which I like to use as zipper pulls.   I think this was a good choice to use on this particular bag.  It was a 2-pack so there is another one for some future bag.  


I've been in the mood lately to make more bags, and have been going through the patterns I have.  This one is unique and a new purchase.  The Hemingway Pouch pattern has 4 sizes.  That diagonal zipper is really cute.  I bought the pattern just this week, but have a couple of fat quarters in mind for making a couple of them.


And then there is the Chubby Charmer.  This pattern has been in my hands for a long time, and I've seen so many cute ones done by friends from guild and Saturday Sampler.  It's time for me to dive in and make at least one of these too.  For sure I have several charm packs that would be just perfect for it.  

Hmmm - which one should I make first?

6 comments:

Ramona said...

I haven't seen the Chubby Charmer pattern and will have to look for it. I've made a number of the Hemingway Pouches and enjoy making those a lot!

Kate said...

Your finished bag turned out really cool. That map fabric is really fun. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to make next, you have lots of fun choices.

Vicki in MN said...

I think you should do Hemmingway first, looks easy enough. I have forgotten to show the other two vinyl pouches I made in June.

Tired Teacher said...

The Hemingway pattern looks interesting and versatile.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice bags!

cityquilter grace said...

i'm impressed with all you got done in july...love making project bags...so many possibilities...