Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2024

QOV plans

You all know I'm an absolute sucker for just trying out new block patterns - with no actual plan for those blocks.  That is why I make test blocks in red, white, and blue a lot of times.  Well . . . actually, most of the time to be honest.  Then the good ones can end up used for Quilts of Valor.

Moda Blockheads are some of my favorites lately.  This is Blockheads set #5, and block #30 in that set.  Lynne Hagmeier (Kansas Troubles) designed Shadow Star, and it was posted just this week.  


I just couldn't resist making some of these.  Another awesome block for a Quilt of Valor!  And the Blockheads patterns always have 2 sizes - 6" and 12" finished.  So they are really versatile.


One finished, and 2 more almost finished.  I love it.  

6 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job on this beautiful block!

Nann said...

I just tuned into today's blogroll after downloading that very block. Your QOV version is great! And I'm working on a bit of QOV today.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh wow - that is a great block - and testing it in RWB helps the rest of us with seeing how it would work - GO you!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice block!!

Vicki in MN said...

Super block, I think your fabric choices are spot on!

Kate said...

What a great idea to stick with red, white and blue for your test blocks. That double star is really fun. Are you auditioning for your next RSC block?