Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Riley Blake challenge is a flimsy

I've always loved a sampler type of quilt, maybe because I enjoy sewing just 1 random block at a time.  And a scrappy sampler is just the best of both worlds. That's probably why I jump right in when there is a BOM or Block of the Week going on. 


One example - Riley Blake Designs does a set of challenge blocks each year.  The RBD24 had 16 blocks posted online for 16 weeks.  Then I added 4 blocks from the archive of previous year's block patterns because I prefer a rectangular quilt instead of square. And then one more addition happened.

I was using my stash of 30s prints and Kim Diehl fabrics for this project.  The row with the little heart and the word Blessed was actually a mini quilt kit that I bought.  Each month this year the Pin Cushion has been doing kits with various words, all using the Spelling Bee book from Lori Holt.  The kit used Lori Holt fabrics too, so I couldn't resist adding it to this quilt.

This flimsy is about 60 x 80. 

5 comments:

Nann said...

It turned out so well, Sara!

Kate said...

A very fun addition to the sampler quilt! The sampler turned out beautifully.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its beautiful!! I love the Blessed in the center - what a great one!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job! I love the addition of the wording and heart.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like sampler quilts too and this one is a beauty!